RESEARCH GROUP PAIDI-TEP023
Sustainable and Renewable Electrical Techonologies (SURET)
The Research Group in Sustainable and Renewable Electrical Technologies (PAIDI-TEP023) has its headquarters in the Higher Polytechnic School of Algeciras, University of Cadiz, Spain.
The Research Group has extensive research experience, endorsed by publications, doctoral theses and research projects /contracts, and advanced equipment for the development of electrical, electronics and control technologies in the following research lines:
- SMART GRIDS: Design, control and operation of smart grids/micro-grids with renewable energy and energy storage for isolated and grid-connected applications
- PHOTOVOLTAIC SOLAR ENERGY: Design, control and operation of isolated and grid-connected photovoltaic systems
- WIND ENERGY: Control and operation of wind turbines and wind farms, integrating energy storage and hydrogen production systems, and FACTS devices for improving power quality and the integration of wind turbines and wind farms into the network
- MARINE RENEWABLE ENERGY: Electricity generation from offshore wind energy, marine current energy and tidal energy, and their connection to the grid
- HYDROGEN AND FUEL CELLS: Design, control and operation of hydrogen systems (fuel cell and/or electrolyser) for electric transport, for production of electric energy or hydrogen
- ELECTRIC VEHICLES: Design, control and operation of hybrid electric traction systems for transport, and electric vehicle charging stations
- DC ELECTRICAL GRIDS: Design, control and operation of DC electrical grids (LVDC, MVDC, HVDC) with renewable energies and energy storage systems
- ELECTRONIC POWER CONVERTERS: Design and control of electronic power converters applied to renewable energies and energy storage systems.
- INTELLIGENT ENERGY CONTROL AND MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS: Design of intelligent control systems (based on fuzzy logic, predictive control, optimal control, etc.) for energy control and management
- INTEGRATED ENERGY SYSTEMS: Design, control and operation of integrated energy systems for integrated production of electricity, hydrogen, energy for transport, etc.
The Head of the Research Group is Prof. Dr. Luis M. Fernandez-Ramirez. Contact email: email@example.com